LEXUS GS 400 TIMING BELT PROBLEM

1998 Lexus GS 400 • 180,000 miles

I have a 1998 gs 400 with the following trouble codes
(P1340 Igniter Circuit Malfunction (No. 8)
(P1350 VVT Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2)
i had the timing belt replaced with the water pump and new plugs and oil with oil
filter done the car only starts when it wants to any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks ahead of time

We are here to help. We need you to be specific, what does "when it wants to" mean? The faults are not able to be erased? Has the ignitor been swapped for another to see if it changes? Has the variable valve timing sensor been replaced?

Dr. Hagerty
Hi dr. Hardy the only thing that was done to this vehicle is the timing belt and water pump nothing else was
done no ignitor was swapped or anything of that nature and the varible timing sensor has not been changed
the timing belt was basically shredded but the car still turned on and ran it was only when the timing belt was changed that
these codes came up. Thats all I have sorry

Lexusisit777
The car starts when it feels like it, as if it had its own mind its just that frustrating.

Lexusisit777
Did the technician that performed the repairs get involved yet?

Dr. Hagerty