WONT START

1998 Kia Sephia • 4 cylinder 2WD Manual • 183,000 miles

Car was fine fixed speakers then started and shut off was just making sure the battery was not dead then I went to start it again and it turns over but no go
Jwunderful

Well if I was you, Id go to my local auto parts store and check for a bad battery( most places do this for free).

If thats not the case get the alternator checked out as well as plugs and wires.

If this cannot help you, I advise you to see a mechanic to get the proper diagnosis.

Hope this helps!

Samtheman
I recently bought a 98 Kia Sephia that seems to be experiencing something similar. When trying to get the starter to turn over, it's very sluggish, like a drained battery. I took to battery in to be tested, and it checked out fine. I checked the fuses and relays under the hood (drivers side, near the dashboard), and didn't see anything blown or burnt. In my case, if I give it about an hour, chances are that it will start again. Once it has sit for a little while, I'm going to try starting it uo, and oulling the cables from the battery terminals to see if it dies. If so, it's probably the alternator (just replaced the belt yesterday). The other odd, thing is that it will with littke hesitation when jumped? I'll report back in a few.

Micheal777
So how did it go?

Fixitmr