JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE DOOR PROBLEM

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee • 182,000 miles

Lost power only to the passenger side. Door locks, windows and mirror. What should I look for?

YOU PROBABLY HAVE A BROKEN WIRE IN THE RUBBER BOOT PIVOT (WIRE HOLDER) IN THE HINGE END OF YOUR DOOR

YOU ARE NOT THE 1ST---READ THIS LINK---ESPECIALLY THE QUESTION ASKERS PARTS

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2000-jeep-grand-cherokee-has-lost-its-mind

LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU LOCATE IT

SURELY YOU OR A PAL WITH A SOLDERING IRON MIGHT ADD A LITTLE PIECE OF WIRE IN TO FIX IT---"STAKE-ONS" MIGHT BE THE NEXT BEST FIX

YOUR TURN

Hi - mine was a broken black-wire on a 2000 model. I've made a temporary fix but need to think of a permanent. The break is near the body and very hard to access. The rubber boot is easy to take off at the door end, but seems well and truly embedded at the body. Having taken the lining off by the boot-opening lever, I find that the wiring is bound and so I can't find the black wire so as to extend it. Where is this wire terminated? Is it an earth which I can terminate anywhere?

Masquerade12000
HOPE YOU ARE NOT IN A BIG OLE HURRY

I'M SORTA DOIN' WIFEY STUFF RIGHT NOW

I'LL SEE IF I CAN GET YOU A WIRE DIAGRAM FOR THE SYSTEMS THAT ARE IN QUESTION

PLEASE TELL ME WHICH ONES YOU WANT (SUCH AS POWER WINDOWS. ETC) IT WOULD BE NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO GET ALL OF THEM FOR THE ENTIRE VEHICLE

I NEED "SPECIFICS" ON YOUR VEHICLES NOMENCLATURE, ENGINE SIZE, ANYTHING "SPECIAL". LIKE DRL (DAYLIGHT RUNNING LIGHTS) ETC. THE 8TH DIGIT OF YOUR VIN MIGHT HELP TOO."MITCHELL I" GETS COMPLICATED AT TIMES