JEEP CHEROKEE TRANSMISSION PROBLEM
1998 Jeep Cherokee • 150,000 miles
Where is the neutral/park safety switch located on an automatic transmission?
January 18, 2013.
January 18, 2013.
1. raise the vehicle.
2. disconnect switch wire harness connector.
3. Pry washer lock tabs upward and remove switch attaching nut and tabbed washer.
4. Remove the switch adjusting bolt.
5. slide switch off manual valve shaft.
1. Disconnect shift linkage rod from shift lever on left side of transmission.
2.Rotate manual shift lever all the way rearward. Then rotate lever forward two detent positions to neutral.
3. Install switch on manual valve shaft and install switch adjusting bolt finger tight. Do not tighten at this time.
4. Install tabbed washer on manual valve shaft and install attaching nut. tighten nut to 61 inch pounds.
5. Verify that transmission is in neutral.
6. Rotate switch to align neutral standard line with verticle grove on manual valve shaft.
7. Align switch standard line with groove or flat on manual valve shaft.
8. Tighten switch adjusting bolt to 19 ft lbs.
9. Bend at least two washer lock tabs over switch attaching nut to secure it.
10. Connect shift linkage rod to shift lever on left side of case.
11. Connect switch wires to harness and lower vehicle.
12. Check switch operation. Engine should start in park and neutral only.
My dad has a 1998 Dodge Dakota and we can't find where to check the oil in the manual transmission. Where is it?
1 answer • 1998 Dodge Dakota • 26,000 miles
I have a 1993 GMC Sierra k1500 4x4 that the 3/4 clutches have gone out in. I was wanting to know if there are any transmission and transfer case removal and installation issues I need ...
1 answer • 1993 GMC Sierra • 150,000 miles
I have a 1993 dodge caravan, I had the transmission rebuilt w/a 1yr warrenty on 11/15/10. My vehicle was running in good condition until 1/25/11 when my van stalled and would not move. ...
1 answer • 1993 Dodge Caravan • 140,000 miles
2002 Mazda 929 mileage: 87,000. I have had (2) two rear wheel drive transmissions put in my car. When the car gets hot, the transmission goes out. Am I getting bad transmissions?
1 answer • 2002 Mazda 929 • 87,000 miles