HONDA PASSPORT DOOR PROBLEM

1998 Honda Passport • 175,000 miles

I have a 1998 Honda Passport EX.
The drivers door will not open from the inside. It will open from the outside. I had the inside panel removed and peeled back the vapor barrier plastic about a foot.
I thought it was a broken clip, I bought replacements. All of my clips seem to be in place, not broken or cracked. No broken pieces in the bottom of the door. My handle is not broken. With the door apart, I can pull the rod and open the door from the inside, with the door put back together, I cannot open the door. It feels like I have to tighten/shorten the rod some how. There does not seem to be any binding or stiffness in the operation of the door, it will just not operate from the inside. I think it is an adjustment, but I do not know what kind of an adjustment I could make at the door latch.

No adjustment on this.

I still think you have a failed inside door release.

Can you explain what what that means?
I read that as I have to replace the door release. Am I correct?

Davidritter
Yes, the inside door release is separate from the panel. The pins wear out and there is not enough pull on the release rod to the latch

roy

Thank you.
Just having problems finding the part online.
Thanks for your help.

Davidritter
You might have a fault with the door latch itself. The linkages of the latch have excessive wear and this would result in the symptoms described.