I HAVE A 98 WHICH JUST STARTED HAVING DIFFICULTY IN STARTING AND WHEN IT STARTS I HAVE TO MAINTAIN PRESSURE ON THE GAS PEDAL TO KEEP IT GOING. AS SOON AS I LET UP ON THE GAS THEN THE RPM WILL DROP, IT WILL NOT MAINTAIN IDLE AND THE ENGINE

1998 Honda Passport • 160,000 miles

Started having difficulty in starting.
Have to maintain pressure on the gas pedal to keep it going.
The engine will die as soon as I let up on the gas pedal.
It will not maintain idle.
The headlights low beam stopped working for about a week a few months ago,
then they started working again without another occurrence.
Could both of these issues be related to the problem described for the latest Honda recall (wiring harness problems affecting low beam headlights)?
Fcardin

They could be related to the recalls but it sounds like it could be seperate issues as well. Definately go to a dealership and not only look at recals, but ask to see, "Service Bulletins" and ask if any pertain to your problems. They are non safety hrelated isssues not released to the public.
You sound like the Idle Air Control Valve is bad. Either that or the Fuel pressure is low. Your first move would be to go to an Adavance Auto or Auto Zone and have them pull the trouble codes. This will give you a better idea of what is going on. Have the dealership do the same thing and show you the results. If they do charge you it will be worth it, especiallly if you go to Advance first, as it only takes 15 minutes to do and even at $100 per hour is only around $20.