HONDA CRV FUEL PRESSURE PROBLEM

1998 Honda CRV • 241,239 miles

About 6 months ago my malfunction indicator lamp came on. My car still drove fine for a while, but now it acts like it is not getting any gas, when I first take off, then after a min it picks wright up and goes. Today the light started flashing on and off. When I tell people they don't have a clue about it. I also took it to Advance and had them check it, however they couldn't find any thing wrong either. I also know I need a drive shaft or the joints inside them.
Lisa C

Scan for codes and check fuel pressure first.

Two codes showed up. P0420 and P0301.

Lisa C
Code 420 means your cataalytic converter is going bad and needs replacing301 means you have a misfire in one of your cylinders so check the spark plug and wires also check your fuel pressure if this is low will cause that. It cold be an internal problem in engine but normally it's a wire/plug or fuel pump. Fuel pressure shold 40-47 psi if lower than that then it will need rplacing.