I HAVE A SEDAN AND RECENTLY MY ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON WHAT IS THAT?

1998 Honda Civic • 170,000 miles

Engine light is on
Lokelani

Hi
the eng light can come on for several diff reasons. First if the light is red not orange check all the fluids make sure oil and antifreeze are both full. If fluids are full possibly a charge system problem. If the light is yellow or orange this will be a problem with the engine sensors you will need to have the vehicle scanned for codes to find out what sensor is bad.

Hope this helps. Billymac

Billymac
Omg! Thank you. Its orange with that picture that looks like water needed

Lokelani
Yes then your antifreeze is low. You should have cooling system checked if it is low you have a leak somewhere. Good luck
Billymac

Billymac
Billy, my light is orange in color

Lokelani
Yes on your car orange light is a warning light with a visual effect as well if it is showing you. That you need to check the fluids also check the windshield washer fluid. The orange light with the engine picture on it is a eng light if yours has a water indicator on it will most likely be low on windshield washer or antifreeze. Billymac

Billymac
Oh. You're the bomb. Let me go check now

Lokelani
Ok i'll wait

Billymac
Tried it still the orange light is on.

Lokelani
Sorry but what id you try?

Billymac
Added windshield liquid and added more oil

Lokelani
Page 1 of 2