MY CALIPERS ARE NOT LINING UP WITH THE BRACKET

1998 Honda Accord • 220 miles

I have replaced the rotors and brake pads on the front of my 98 honda accord. Ex 3.0. The rotor does not line up with the caliper mounting bracket. The bracket is not bent. Why does it not line up to start? The piston seems to be working fine? Could it be I have it upside down? Why does the caliper bracket not line up with the rotor?
Garyvv

Can you upload a picture of this? There is no reason why it shouldn't line up.

See how the outer bracket hits the outside of rotor? The pad does not hit flush at all on the rotor?

Garyvv
Are you sure the rotor is fully mounted?

I believe so. The hub looks clean. It seems to fit on. But when you put the caliper and bracket on. It doesnt line up. And because of the wear of the old rotor I dont think it did before? Could it be a alignment problem or a bearing. I had someone change the bearing a few years ago.

Garyvv
Double check everything. The rotor itself looks typical as far as wear. Try this. Put a couple lug nuts on and tighten the rotor against the hub. Then see if it works.

Same thing. Outside of rotor hits the caliper mounting bracket. Outside pad is only making contact with an inch of the outside of rotor where the bracket is hitting. The right front does not do that. Right side looks good as far as wear and how it fits together.

Garyvv