DO I NEED TO CHANGE THE IGNITION SWITCH ON MY 98 PASSPORT AFTER CHANGING IGNITION LOCK?

1998 Honda Accord • 180,000 miles

Recently someone tried to steal my car and were not able. They damaged the ignition lock, steering wheel was locked and key would not turn. I changed the ignition lock everything inside looked well, lights on dash stereo etc but when I tried starting it won't, I noticed a tick in fusebox everytime I turn it to start. I put another car to charged mine and it turn once or twice after many times turning to start, I was thinking maybe the ignition switch needs change? This is our family car and need to get it running ASAP didn't have $1,000 to pay at dealership thieves. Please help. Thankyou.
Frankster

The immobilizer is locking you out because you are using the wrong key. You will need to have the dealer reprogram the security code.

Wrenchtech
Most likely the ignition switch is bad and has to be replaced.

Thankyou for the quick response this year vehicle hasn no security code so I am putting my money on switch, and thanks once again I will definately follow up after replacing this.

Frankster