RUNS ROUGH WHEN APPLYING GAS.

1998 GMC Sierra • 200,000 miles

This happened suddenly, the truck went from having great power and smooth idle. To: rough idle and it feels like the truck is missing on 2 cylinders.(Not positive of this but it feels like that) truck will still start, but when applying gas it gets rougher. So far my thoughts are !Fuel filter. 2. Bad coil pack. 3. Timing slipped a tooth. 4. Bad gas/ water in fuel. (I had just put in gas less than 8 miles before this happened.)
Muzzleflash120mm

What motor?

Fixitmr
5.7 ltr. Vortec

Muzzleflash120mm
It's likely got spider injection which has poppet injector problems make sure your fuel pressure is OK. 58lbs and holds after pump turns off.

Fixitmr
Ok, like I said, it runs. It has a feel like a bronco I had one time. The fuel filter clogged up and it had no power if you stepped on the gas and it felt like it was misfiring.
. This almost feels like the motor is out of balance when you accelerate.

Muzzleflash120mm
CEL? Codes?

Fixitmr
I will be taking it and having it run on a tester tomorrow. I havent tested it yet to see what codes come up. But I do know that when it fist started this the check engine light was flashing.

Muzzleflash120mm
Yah that's a misfire CAT warning damage may occur.

Fixitmr
I had the truck tested with an obd II tester. Random misfire was what came up. Compression tests show 150 in all cyl's fuel pressure is good. Possible crank sensor failure? Is it possible that the sensor needs to be shimmed?

Muzzleflash120mm
So far I have replaced the plugs, wires, cap, rotor. When first started after replacement the truck ran good. But this was short lived, obd test indicate random misfire.

Muzzleflash120mm
Is light still flashing?

Fixitmr