HOW DO YOU INSTALL A/C HIGH SIDE SERVICE PORT

1998 GMC Jimmy • 6 cylinder Automatic • 125,708 miles

When you need to install the high side port of A/C do you install a retro fitting or do you remove valve and replace with another one?

p.S. I have tried a few of my wrenches and noticed tube is easy to break. I want to be careful. Thanks.
Roycar71

Why are you trying to do anything with the fitting? Everything since 1994 already has the ports for R-134 so you don't have to retrofit anything.

There is a leak in port

Roycar71
OHHH! You replace the hose. Well, you replace the hose if the leak is outside the port as in where it's welded onto the hose. The port itself can't be replaced separately.

If you mean you see a little seepage coming out of the center because the valve isn't sealing, that's nothing to worry about. Those valves are only supposed to hold the refrigerant in until you screw the caps on. Those caps have rubber o-rings to seal the ports.

Hmm thanks for telling me that. I forgot to add it does not leak or do I hear air come out when cap is on. So I will keep cap on it.

Roycar71