DOING A/C REPAIR ARE MANIFOLD GAUGES AND VACUUM NEEDED

1998 GMC Jimmy • 6 cylinder Automatic • 125,708 miles

Are manifold gauges and vacuum needed to evacuate and dry moisture out after flush? Or can I just hookup vacuum without gauges to one of the ports?
Roycar71

Your best bet is have a professional do it

How do you plan on charging it? And getting a vacuum on it

Djcl
Harbor frieght has gauges and vacuum. I wanted to know can use just vacuum or do you need both to hookup together to do job? Manifold gauges can hookup to low port and high port right? Assuming vacuum can hookup to manifold gauges.

Roycar71
After changing out compressor and accumulater and flushing evaporator, condenser and tubes. Switching out orifice tube. I plan on put it all back together vacuum out moisture. Than take it to shop to have it recharged.

P.S. Forgot to make sure I change the o rings for all tubes too.

Roycar71
To pull a vacuum you will need a vacuum pump. You can charge and vacuum on one side of the system. To get it charged good a pro should do it. It may not end up very cold with out the right equipment

Djcl
Oh yeah, I also forgot that compressor needs pag oil. I guess any viscosity will probably do since that stuff is expensive.

Roycar71
The shop that charges it will pull the vacuum on it befor charging it

Djcl
Well after system is evacuated and parts are switched out or repaired. Components should be flushed right? Then put back together then vacuum out then recharge right? If so, my attention is to let profession recharge back. All these places around me will not do one thing without doing another, which is too expensive. Cheaper maybe if I get me so manifold gauges for bout $50 and vacuum for bout $100 do that part by myself.

Roycar71
Hmm didn't know that I will con firm that.

Roycar71
I just called jiffy lube, they do vacuum before recharging, but for extra charge though.

Roycar71
Page 1 of 2