FORD TAURUS NOISE PROBLEM

1998 Ford Taurus • 112,000 miles

I just picked up my car from the transmission shop I had a used transmission installed. Upon starting my car I feel and hear a loud vibration that continues the whole time the car is running I also feel and hear a grinding when I make sharp turns. What could this be? The shop says it just needs to be drivin and worn in but it doesn't feel safe to me.
Tiffanystiles

It could be the trans itself doing the vibrating and the noise. This is the chance you take using junk yard parts

Is it safe to drive? I have kids. What should I have them do I have a warranty? What could cause the grinding noise when I turn?

Tiffanystiles
I cannot tell the severity of the noises but any noise is not good.

Did the shop give you a warranty or did you provide the trans?

They gave me a warranty, they did everything.

Tiffanystiles
Take it back and have them correct the issue. Do not accept the car back till it is fixed. Stop payment on the repair till it is corrected. That will make them do the repair quicker.

They had it for two weeks and I only owe 195 on it. What if the guy says it just needs to be broke in and drivin again? I called as soon as I got home and they said check fluids it just needs to be broke in and drivin. My fluids are all full.

Tiffanystiles
There is no break in for used parts, noises do not break in. Press the issue till they get it right

Ok thank you for your help.

Tiffanystiles
Good luck

Me again so I took the car back they fixed whatever was wrong with it and put a couple new sensors on it and it drove great. But I knew it needed some new plugs so I had a friend put new plugs in it. It drove excellent for 3 days then started dying every time is stopped for more than a few seconds now its back in the shop what could cause this?

Tiffanystiles