FORD FALCON NOISE PROBLEM

1998 Ford Falcon • 126,000 miles

Hi my name is Lesley. Last year in August I was given this car by sister to me, she had been ill over a number of years and hadnt used her car much, hence the low kilometers for a car this age. In October I had it converted to LPG. A dual fuel system. Not long after I started experiencing this rattle that seems to come from the front part of the car, the drivers side. I think it is in the engine, but it could be somewhere else. It is truly aggravating me. I have a good mechanic who also did the gas conversion. He has replaced struts and shock absorbers I think it was, as he has heard this noise too. He has checked the car over but cant find anything. And yet this noise is getting worse. It doesnt matter if the car's engine is hot or cold, or what speed I am doing, as it is still there. But it is far more noticeable in the speed vicinity of 50-60ks per hour, which is where I drove it mostly around Normanville here on the Fleurieu. I do personal care work, so often am driving to and from and with aged care clients. This noise is terribly annoying, and truly wanting to get to the bottom of it. Would you have any suggestions, that perhaps could help my mechanic also. As I believe he has a question mark about it too! Thanks. Lesley Link, Carrickalinga.
LesleyJoyLink

There is a tool you might be able to borrow or rent from an auto parts store that borrows them called the "Chassis Ear". It is a set of six microphones, a switch box, and headphones. You clip the microphones to suspect points, then drive around while listening with the headphones. You can move the microphones around to zero in on the source of the noise. Be aware that many mechanics have never seen or even heard of this tool. Suspension and alignment mechanics use it to find rattles, squeaks, and other noises.