STICKING WHEN HOT

1998 Ford F-150 • 52,000 miles

98' f150 4.2V6 5 speed. Around town, everything is fine. When I drive 60+ miles, and truck gets good and hot, the clutch starts sticking. The pedal gets harder to push when hot and it disengages just fine, but when I put it in gear and let the clutch out it won't engage (like it should), and then all of a sudden it pops itself like I'm dumping the clutch. No fluid leaks inside or out. And it works fine after it cools back down. HELP!
Jprs22

Clutch master or slave is failing. I would replace both together.

Check for anything blocking the air circulation. Check the clutch line to make sure it is not too close to the exhaust.

M_H_RITZEL
After some research and talking to another forum I decided to change the fluid. The clutch pedal is definitely easier to push, but I won't know if it solved the problem until I drive further and get it good and hot. We think the old fluid was contaminated and reached a boiling point. I will post back when I've driven it further.

Jprs22