NO START CONDITIONS

1998 Ford Expedition • V8 4WD Automatic • 185,897 miles

Enter your question.I have a 1998 Ford Expidition that will not start, I changed fuel pump, filter sparkplugs ran for a few minutes but it smoked like a diesel with wget in in do you have any ideas why it will not start now?
340hiproman

**Cranks but no start condition: Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.