FORD EXPEDITION BRAKES PROBLEM

1998 Ford Expedition • 185,000 miles

When I drove vehicle in garage everything worked fine with the brakes. I decided to free up calipers and decided to replace them (front) along with rubber hoses to calipers. Broke one steel brake line from EHCU to rubber hose drivers side front. All done, freed up rear calipers everything tight and ready to bleed brakes. When performing this task noticed brake fluid leaking out of lower rear area of EHCU, looks like plugs in the unit housing.

Any idea's. No brake light on in the dash. Engine running and slowly pushing brake pedal to work air out of system, fluid runs out of housing rear as if the plugs are leaking!

Thank you,

Dave Blatt
dblatt@rocketmail. Com

Rokonmadness

Looks like you have a bad abs control unit. It will have to be replaced

Hi Roy, thank you for the reply. I'll call my local garage tomorrow to see if they have replaced these before.

One chat I reviewed on this topic said the EHCU's may not be available anymore and if you need one only place to get would be at a junk yard.

Do you know if this is true?

Again,

Thank you

Rokonmadness

Dave Blatt

Rokonmadness
I would call a ford dealership parts and they will tell you that info