5.4L BLEW HEAD GASKET TOOK MOTOR OUT OF TRUCK AND REPAIRED. INSTALLED BOTH NEW TIMING CHAINS. TIMING MARKS LINED UP WHEN I INSTALLED THE CHAINS. I TURNED THE MOTOR OVER BY HAND TO MAKE SURE TIMING MARKS LINED UP AND THEY DO NOT. I'VE MADE SURE TDC COMPRES

1998 Ford Expedition • 100,000 miles

I've done this several times and still the same thing marks dont line up after I spin the motor by hand. I just dont want to put the motor back in and have to do it again because I was wrong.
Diggy4u

Are you talking about color links on the timing chain?

Yes exactly. Arnt they suppose to line up when motor comes back around to #1 tdc compression stroke?

Diggy4u
Colored links on timing chains are for intial timing settings. Once you rotate the engine around the marks on the chain wont be lined up till so many revolutions if you turn it around enough times they will line back up.

Thank you very much. Now I can continue on. Again thank you for your time and patience

Diggy4u
Your welcome as long as you have everything lined up and the chain is tight your good to go.