5 SPEED STANDARD TRANSMISSION STUCK IN GEAR. WHEN STICK IS IN NEUTRAL STILL IN GEAR. WHEN CLUTCH IS LET OUT CAR BOGS DOWN AND STALLS

1998 Ford Escort • 144,000 miles

This transmission problem started when my right front caliper started to freeze up while I was driving.I down shifted into 2nd gear to get enough power to get off the road then the shift problems started.I replaced the calipers and hoses rotors and pads. The brakes are fine now but the transmission is stuck. No matter where I move the shifter if I let out on the clutch the motor bogs and wants to stall like the brake is on but it is not. If you shut the car off and push in the clutch the car rolls easily. What can I look for? Did something in the transmission break?
Unscarred785

Sounds like you burned out the clutch-if you're accelerating from a stop and the car is not moving as normal as it should be fore the problem the clutch is burned out--clutch assembly should be in order-

Other additional problems

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-hesitates

Could be caused by one of the following below

Oxygen sensor.
Catalytic converter.
Fuel injectors dirty/sticking.
Mass airflow sensor/Airflow meter.
Throttle position sensor.
Crankshaft position sensor
Knock sensor
Manifold absolute pressure sensor.
EGR Valve
Fuel pressure regulator leaking or defective fuel pump.
Fuel contamination.
Foul/defective spark plugs.
Open spark plug wires.
Ignition coil/Coil packs defective.
Incorrect ignition timing.
Cap and rotor.

Note:If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing.