CONSERNING AIR CONDITIONING

1998 Ford Ecosport • 167,000 miles

Today I got my ac fixed on my car when im on the road moving it runs good but when im parked with the car on and the ac on the belt of the car makes a squicking lound noise as if the belt needed to be changes but I just changed the belt a few weeks ago and I dont know why it makes that noise
Carloscabrera1

Tension may be too weak and have to be adjusted or the compressor is locking up from too much freon or a bearing failure

What would cause a bearing failure? That would mean that I need a new compressor?

Carloscabrera1
Yes, a new one. It can fail for many reasons but get it confirmed before doing anything

OK I appreciate it. Thanks

Carloscabrera1
If the belt tension are good, you could have a failing harmonic balancer.

What is a failing harmonic balancer? Becuase I checked and the tension of the belt is good

Carloscabrera1
The harmonic damper is incorporated into the crank pulley. Note if the belts are wobbly, especially at the crank pulley. If yes, that could mean a damper that is going bad.