MY CAR WONT EVEN TURN OVER, WHEN IT RAN FINE YESTERDAY

1998 Ford Contour • 135,000 miles

I have a 1998 ford contour svt with v6 dohc. My question I tried hooking up a rpm tach to my car (standard) and hooked in up to the green and brown wire connected to the coil and got only 500rpm for every 1000 well I went out my car started fine and ran fine the next day I start it and walk around making sure all my outside lights work and I get back in and put it in gear and the car runs rough like only 5 cylinders were fireing and the speedometer didnt look like it was working and the car died now when I try to start it nothing happens. It doesnt even turn over, I tried fuel shot off valve it wasnt that then tried replacing ignition relay still nothing and then thought it was the clutch switch preventing it from starting and seen a red looing switch under the dash by the clutch that looked broke so I bypassed the clutch relay by connecting the starter to the relay and still nothing. It has an alarm but idk if thats causeing it maybe the tach blew a relay or something the lights and everything works fine it just wont turn over.

Armystr0ng89

What clutch relay are you refering to?
Did you perform any power supply testings?
If the clutch switch is bad, you need to bridge the 2 terminals to bypass it.

For the tachomater not registering correctly, did you set the engine cylinder range correctly?

The relay that when you push the pedal in it bridges I took ot the plug and connected the two wires. The red plug in the picture above is connected to the clutch switch but looks broken. But the clutch saftey switch would that cause your car to die? Also I took out the tach that I installed and still nothing today I took the groun off the bttery for 30 min and nothing. The PATS system blinks every two seconds like normal but even when I put my key in it stays the same isnt it suppose to blink to let me know its reading the key

Armystr0ng89
Oh and when I turn the key the igntion relay doesnt click I even tried replacing it

Armystr0ng89
That is the clutch neutral start switch.

Replacing components without testing is not the correct way to go about. You need to check the fuses and test them for battery voltage to get an idea where the problem lies.

Did you check the fuses and battery condition?