FORD CONTOUR BATTERY PROBLEM

1998 Ford Contour • 200,000 miles

Car will not start, it doesn't make any noise besides starter relay clicks once. Lights work on inside. I can't jump start it, but it I charge it on 200 amp engine start for couple minutes it will start. New battery, new battery cables, and took starter out and it tested good?
Boutit1221@yahoo.com

If you have to jump a battery with 200 ampsthen i'd certainly look at the starter or relay. They should draw about 175 amp on start up anything over 250 isn't good. Check to see ifyou have fusilbe links by relay as one may be burnt. Have battery tested for load an dcondition it could still notbe good evne though new. Also haveyour charging system checked.

I had the battery tested and it was fine, but when they heard the starter relay click they said it was louder than most?

How do I check charging system? I pulled positive cable off the battery while it was on and it stayed on? I also took it to Auto Zone and the did a test, only thing that showed up was O2 sensor, which I can't even find on my car.

Ihave a pro look at this I really think it's a starter, the O2 sensor depending on which one is in the exaust sytem. I really think you have a starter or cable problem

I took it out and had it tested? And completely rewired the battery to the starter

What about the ignition relay? It did look a little burnt on fuse box when I took it out?

Then recheck yoru rewire job yo may have something not connectedright

And yes O2 sensor goes to exaust sytem

Then replace the relay but you said you hearclicking

Its really loud? The burnt fuse was ignition relay?

Page 1 of 2