A/C COLD ON ONE SIDE ONLY.

1998 Ford Contour • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 89 miles

I have a 98 Ford Contour. The A/C only blows cold air from the passengers vent only. The other vents blow hot (or not cold) air.

Thanks for any help!
Calvinmayeux

Check your accuators in the heater box i'll include a generic picture. If its vacuum operated check for a leak

Is AC auto? If you lived in England no prob

Docfixit
It's the air conditioning system in my car. The air does blow through all vents but only cold through one vent. I will try to look at the damper.

Calvinmayeux
If I close off the vent thats blowing cold then the other vents start blowing cold.

Calvinmayeux
You have what's called actuators in your hvac. One controls hot/cold and theother controls where it goes. Your one actuator is eitehr stuck or not working. If it's vacuum operated check for a leak, if it's electrically operated then check to see if it's getting electric when you put it on a/c. My guess it's vacuum and isn't getting vacuum to operate correctly