HELLO, I HAVE A 4 CYLINDER 1.8L DOHC ENGINE IN MY CAR WHICH WAS RECENTLY REMANUFACTERED.

1998 Ford 500 • 120,000 miles

The engine feels quite well and it's not burning the lubricant and making smoke anymore while running. The problem I'm having is that AFTER the car has been parked for a long while, usually overnight, it burns lubricant and produces smoke for a little while. I have found evidence that the lubricant only enters one combustion cam because that lonely spark plug becomes very dirty and I have seen in wet in lubricant. I am constantly checking the lubricant level and it goes down smootly like a litre every 2 weeks. Is there a possibility that the seal (an o-ring perhaps?) In one of the valves in the particular cylinder is leaking lubricant into the combustion cam only when the engine is stopped?
Josechell

Check the engine compression and also do a cylinder leakage test this will tell you something

Thanks for such a prompt response Rasmataz.

I don't know if this is how you do a follow up when someone replies your question.

The compression was checked before and after the engine was remanufactured. I don't know what is a cylinder leakage test, but I am almost sure the leakage comes from above the cylinder; does that test checks every inlet and outlet in the cylinder including the valves?

Josechell
The CLT is when air pressure is applied into the cylinders and if it has a an internal it will come out thru the intake manifold if its an intake valve and out the exhaust will point to exhaust valve-out the oil dipstick tube will indicate rings and cylinder wear-