DODGE STRATUS RADIATOR PROBLEM

1998 Dodge Stratus • 17,000 miles

The temperature gauge start to rise when in traffic and AC is ON, but doesn`t rise above the middle when ride on smooth road or when it`s raining, bubbles in the reservoir, I have drained the water in the radiator since I noticed that the water has brownish color and was replaced with anti-freeze and water. But the temp gauge still rise which means my car overheat. Pls what can I do to solve this problem.

Mufteeh

If it's not on h then it's not overheating, make sure system is full and have pressure checked for internal leaks.

Engine run smooth when AC is not ON, I have checked for any leakages but no leakages, the 2 radiator fan blow well, but what I noticed was that the water reservoir always filled to the hot level when AC is ON. Even thou coolant was added. The temperature gauge start increasing if I stay for about 20 mins in traffic.

Mufteeh
How can I check for internal leaks?

Mufteeh
You need a pressure tool try an auto parts see if they rent one.