HOW DO I INSTALL THE MECHANICAL TIMING BELT TENSIONER SO THAT IT HAS TENSION

1998 Dodge Stratus • 137,000 miles

I am in the process of replacing the timing belt on my daughter's 98 Stratus. The book says that there is a hole to place a small drill bit or allen wrench in after removing the tension from the pulley. There is no hole. Also I had to remove the tensioner to get the rear timing case cover off. I can't figure out how to get the tentioner pulley assembly properly remounted so that there is actually tention on the pulley. There is a notch in the pulley mount that appears to be for the straight part of the spring that protrudes from the back of the assembly but I can't figure out how to properly mount the pulley so it has tension on it.
I had some problems using my paypal account for this. If this is a duplicate question Please don't charge me twice.
Nukid

We need to know what size engine it has.

Rivermikerat
The motor is a 2.4 4 cylinder

Nukid
On models equipped with hydraulic tensioner, remove hydraulic tensioner bolts and remove tensioner. Place hydraulic tensioner in vise, and SLOWLY compress tensioner plunger. Align the holes in the tensioner body and plunger, and insert a pin through the body and plunger to lock the plunger in place.

On models with a mechanical timing belt tensioner, insert a 6-mm Allen wrench into tensioner. Insert long end of 3-mm Allen wrench into pin hole on front of tensioner. While rotating the
tensioner counterclockwise, push in lightly on the 3-mm Allen wrench until it can be pushed into locking hole.

Rivermikerat