OD-OFF BUTTON DOESN'T WORK

1998 Dodge Ram • 14,300 miles

1998.5 Ram 2500HD Club Cab, ISB Cummins, 4x4, auto. I think I've found enough info to deal with my cruise control, but problem I haven't been able to find anything on the OD-off button not working -- dash light doesn't come on either. The trans shifts into OD as it should & for the time being I'm not carrying heavy loads or pulling a trailer, but I will be & need that OD off function to work.

What's been done recently: new Blue Chip VP-44, top-of-the-line w/new Frieghtliner computer (engine runs better than it ever has); new battery terminal ends, wire-brushed battery posts, both batteries good; checked all fuses, interior panel & underhood both; throttle cable bracket/housing double-check (cable to trans was a too tight -- stayed in gear too long before shifting) & I've gone over all wiring I can get to without taking things apart, nothing I can find wrong there.

- Art Northrup, Jr.
AA, AS, BSME
art_njr@charter. Net
ArtNJr

The ground for the switch is to the trans control module. Thats what turns it on or off.

Is it going into overdirve or locked out?

As I mentioned, the trans shifts into OD as it should -- I just can't turn it off with the button @ the end of the shift lever.

ArtNJr
Can you verify 12 volts to one side of the switch?

That I have not checked but will. Switch on the left (driver's) side of the transmission I presume? All I checked there was the trans cable & the arm it goes to when it was staying in gear too long before shifting -- that problem's solved.

ArtNJr
Check up at the button arean of the wheel. We wnat to make sure there is power to the switch, at the switch

10-4 and thanks. Gotta run a couple errands then I'll get the test meter out & see what I find.

ArtNJr