TRUCK WON'T START AFTER SITTING AWHILE

1998 Dodge Daytona • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 120,000 miles

My 1998 dakota truck won't start after sitting ( over night ) I try it in the morning it won't start but later I try, it starts right up and have no problem the rest of the day, what can be causing this
Mrsge

When the problem occurs, check for spark at the plugs, also, check fuel pressure. Check for applicable trouble codes.

Battery going bad, or failing alternator. Take it to a auto parts store & have them check your battery.

Bschurr
Have no problem the rest of the day-If there's problem with the Alty and Batt you will find that out real quick the rest of the day-Double check the battery and connections-

Next time it refuses to start don't wait for it to make up its mind-do below immediately to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing