1.6SX HYDRAULIC LIFTERS

1998 Daewoo Lanos • 187,222 miles

Daewoo Lanos 1.6sx 1998 Hydraulic Lifters-Hi, Can you perhaps tell me whether the Oil Pump will have an effect on the Hydraulic Lifters Performance?I had the Hydraulic Lifters replaced but yet the engine still makes a rattling sound, like its the tappets. The mechanic said that the oil pump is broken and therefore the engine is making that sound. I had the whole engine overalled and top gasket done. Please help I don't know anymore.
Hhardnick

If there's a problem with the oil pump the lifters will be making the tapping and ticking noises-could be a camshaft problem. The camshaft and the lifters are partner in crimes-they go together one goes the other will follow- like the distributor cap and rotor-

Thanks Rasmataz. I will replace the oil pump first and hopefully the sound will dissapear : -)

Hhardnick
Before you do that check the oil pressure with a mechanical gauge to verify the pressure