PLEASE COULD I GET SOME DIAGAMATICAL INFORMATION ON THE BRAKE SYSTEM

1998 Chrysler Other • 147,000 miles

Hi,
I have just failed my MOT in the UK and I have to replace my brake lines and I am finding it difficult to get any information on the layout of the brake lines and the what |Think is the ABS module (Large alloy block with big electrical connector and six brake lines going to it) I could do with what goes where on this block and on the car.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks
Ian.
Ian Walker

That is the ABS module and it is main work is to depressurise any of the lines when required to prevent the wheels from locking up, based on results sent from the wheel sensors.

What is the problem you are facing? If there is any fault with the ABS module, the ABS indicator light on dash would normally show and error codes would be stored in the control unit ( ABS module). These codes can be retrieved with the aid of scan tools and would allow you to know what is triggerring the trouble code.

Other than that, most brake faults lies with the brake master cylinder or wheel calipers/cylinders which are easier for DIY.

Hi My issue is that I foolishly took all of the pipes out of the ABS module due to corrosion thinking that my two service manuals would tell me where they go for re-assembly and now I have re-made all my brake lines I have no information as to where these six pipes go in the abs module I: E rear offside to which hole etc. Before taking apart to change the brake lines I han no lights or faults other than the foot pedal seamed very spongy.
Thanks Ian

Ian Walker
What is your vehicle model?

Hi it is a 1998 chrysler voyager 2000cc manual gearbox

Ian Walker
It is known as Plymouth Voyager in the US. Hope the diagram is helpful.

Thank You Sir, You are an absolute star. This is exactly what I need.
Best Regards
Ian.

Ian Walker
You're welcome.

Have a nice day.