BLOWN HEADGASKET WORTH FIXING

1998 Chrysler Concorde

I believe I have a blown head gasket. With the 2.7 motor, I have been told that fixing it wont fix the problem. Is it worth it to fix or am I just dumping money into it?
Alicialynn

What's the problem you're trying to fix?

Blown head gasket I believe
The garage said its NOT the thermostat, and that it is most likly head gasket. They dont recommend fixing?

Alicialynn
For the 3rd time head gasket

Alicialynn
So why won't fixing the head gasket fix the head gasket?

For the third time, what's the problem you're trying to fix? Is the engine overheating? Is coolant leaking onto the ground? Is there white smoke from the tail pipe? Blue smoke? Engine runs rough? All you've said is what someone says is the solution, but the solution to what?

Just go to the parts store and buy a kit to check the coolant for hydrocarbons. Then youll know if the gaskets are blown.

Cadieman
Can't even describe the symptoms. Do you really think she knows what this tool is let alone figure out how to use it and interpret the results?

Yesterday set a new record for people wanting answers but refusing to divulge any helpful information. It's like it's top secret or something. Imagine calling your doctor and complaining you're in pain but refusing to tell him whether you have a stomach ache, a hang nail, or you cut your foot off with a chainsaw. I suspect he would prescribe different courses of treatment for each one. Alicialynn flatly refuses to describe the symptoms so how in the world would anyone know if replacing head gaskets will solve the problem?

She wants to know if it's worth sticking more money in the car, yet she hasn't given a single clue as to the condition of the rest of the car. We're just supposed to know because we're psychic. I've seen two-year-old cars that should have been in the junkyard. On the other hand, I'd stick $1000.00 into my rusty trusty 24-year-old Grand Caravan if I had to because it has been so uncommonly reliable. I suspect her car is somewhere in between those two extremes, but that's just a guess. I have no way of knowing what the transmission is like, the paint, the interior, how much trouble she's had previously, how much she's spent on repairs, how well she likes the car, yet we're supposed to help her decide if it's worth spending money on head gaskets. People have head gaskets replaced every day. People also trade for a newer used car every day when their old one needs an expensive repair. Funny thing is, their old repaired car or the newer used one they trade for both have an equal chance of needing an expensive repair next month. Given the severe lack of information, flip a coin.

While we're at it, I have a crappy GM radio on my test bench. Will replacing the integrated circuit, U8 solve the problem and is it worth sticking one in it?

I AGREE TOTALLY CARADIODOC.

Cadieman