CHEVROLET SILVERADO FUSE PROBLEM

1998 Chevrolet Silverado

1998 chevy vortec 5.7. Fuel staved. New pump, filter. Getting gas to manifold under pressure. Will start with gas down throttle body. But not staying running. Also can't get code reader to work, what fuse powers up that circiut? Thank-you. Pete.
Petersysto

Do you have a multimeter to do some testing?

In the inside fuse box the fuse labeled aux pwr fuse number see if its blown its a 25 amp fuse?

Yes I have a multimeter. Thanks for responding. Pete.

Petersysto
No fuse in slot #7.

Petersysto
Yeah number 7 fuse 25 amp put a fuse in and see if the scan tool powers up and check for codes.

Code tool works now. ERROR p0-108. Map senser. Can we trouble shoot this. And where is it located? This was the only error code. How do you know if the pcm is working properly?

Petersysto
Most likely the pcm is good that would be the last thing we would suspect with that code. Does your scan tool display live engine data or just read codes?If it only reads codes its going to be hard to trouble shoot the code.

First off. Thank-you so much for responding. Our code reader is a Innova 3030 canobd2 car reader. Should I be cranking the engine while code reader is reading? Oh just so you know. Fuel is not returning to tank. Could this be a sign of a bad fuel pressure regulator? How would you troubleshoot one? I appreciate any thoughts or ideas. You've been very helpful.

Petersysto
Oh. No live data on our code reader. Sorry. What's next? Thanks-again. Pete.

Petersysto
What is the actual fuel pressure?If you haven't checked it yet rent a pressure gauge at auto zone and check it.