AIR CONDITIONER FAN BLOWER MOTOR

1998 Chevrolet Lumina • 135,000 miles

As I start my car and its idling the fan blower puts out a lot of air through the vents. I then put into gear and start driving down the road and the blower stops, take my foot off the gas pedal and the blower starts working again, press on gas pedal and the blower stops? When ever the car is idling or coasting it will blow press gas and it will stop? Ron
Fatz1551

Ron: Is the blower motor actually stopping or is the air flow changing directions? In other words, the air is changing where it comes out and you no longer feel it.

You no longer feel the air coming out of the vents but when you leave up on gas pedal it blows out the vents again. You can hear blower slow down don't know if stops. Ron

Fatz1551
Ron: I think you are dealing with a vacuum issue. The vent doors in the HVAC system are actuated by engine vacuum. When you press on the throttle, the vacuum drops in the engine. Therefore, if there is a leak, the air flow can change directions when the vacuum is weak. Check under the dash for leaks as well as on the engine.

Ok tomorrow let you know if I find something.

Fatz1551
I'll look for your reply.