CHEVROLET CAMARO ENGINE PROBLEM

1998 Chevrolet Camaro • 140,000 miles

Hi on our 1998 chevy camaro I got a p0442 error code. The check engine light was on. What does this code mean. Thanks. I also erased the code and the check engine light went out. It is still staying off. Thanks.
Sean03

It will come back on. When it does, do not clear it as the tech looking at it can see the freeze frame data to see what conditions set the code.

It is an evap code

No I am going to buy a meter off ebay that captures the live data. I will not erase it again. I know it will come back to. Will this scanner work. I want to buy it.

Sean03
The P0442 means theres a small evap leak detected in the evap system the first thing I would check is the gas cap. Some of the locking gas caps will set those codes also inspect the seal on the gas cap is it spliting or cracking?If so replace the cap heres is the scan tool I would recomend it reads some live engine data will show you freeze frame data etc.

Which scan tool is better. Yours or the one I posted. Because it will be a tool I will use a lot.

Sean03