WHITE SMOKE COMING FROM THE EXHAUST

1998 Cadillac El Dorado

1998 Cadillac El Dorado V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 152000 miles

I know that northstar motors are notorious for blown head gaskets and most of them have over heating problems and loss of power, but my Eldorado doesn't over heat and there's no loss of power. I ran it for over 50 miles non stop on the highway at 70 mph and had no loss of power and no over heating. Yet after the car sits for awhile and cools down when you go to start it, it will smoke (white smoke) for about 2 or 3 minutes and just stop smoking and run fine. I don't know what the problem is?
Sallibotts

Are havng to add coolant at all? If your coolant level is maintained, does it run rough for the first few minutes? Does the smoke/steam have an odor? If your fuel pressure regulator is leaking, what happens is fuel bleeds into the vacuum line and rests in the intake. Excess liquid fuel can cause white smoke/steam, and usually creates misfires until it is burned off, coolant can do the same. The fuel you may not know, where the coolant you would eventually be adding. The exhaust would smell like raw fuel if it is excessive, it would smell sweet if it were coolant.

Factoryjack
1999 caddillac deville samething white smoke, but it don't overheat what to do?

Steviewest