CADILLAC DEVILLE DENT PROBLEM

1998 Cadillac Deville

Can you unhook the passenger side seat and operate the 8 way movement manually and independently from the vehicle? For troubleshooting purposes such as powering the seat externally?
Zenchillearthlinknet

You could but that can be very dangerous just check your users manual to ensure safety.

Merab4
Yes but wiring it would be complicated. It would be easier to find the problem and repair the existing set up

No no no. I can help you fix this he problem. Tell me exactly what the seat is doing or not doing. I can help you fix this problem. It should be no big deal.

Cadieman
IM UPDATING my last question about disconecting the power seat to work independently from an external source. I want to use this chair as the ultimate desk chair. I have a super heavy duty support frame made out of 24 gauge steel and an equally heavy duty gas cylinder sitting on a 5 leg exec base that will support 850 lbs. I want to use the chair as is with all the electrics. I know it sounds crazy but its the he mans solution to years of shitty office chairs. THIS WILL ROCK if I can get it going. I am handy with electrics etc, so perhaps someone has an idea. Ive looked all over the web and noone seems to be attempting what I am doing. The chair is built like a battleship and that is exactly how long I would like it to last too. Hopefully someone's ear will be tweaked and could point me in the right direction. This is certainly a unique design that could catch on if I could take care of the switching problem. Thanks for the help.