SOME TIMES IT STARTS RUN FINE,BUT WHEN I TRUN IT OFF IT WILL NOT START AGAIN,NO FUEL AND FUEL PUMP DOESN'T COME ON

1998 Cadillac Catera • 12,500 miles

My 1998 Cadillac Catera was running fine and then I trun if off and then when I try to start it, it would not start and the fuel pump did not come on. But later it started and I was driving it,
it work fine but when I trun it off, now it will not start again, I
switch the relay with one of the others it started runs fine until
I trun it off and will not start. Now my tack and speedo don't work
Truckerjers

I donate $10.00 dollars why are you asking for more

Truckerjers
Who is asking you for more?Have you checked for codes yet?As far as the no start goes sounds more like a crank shaft sensor then a fuel pump issue. Pretty common on that engine.

I got no fuel, in fuel lines and fuel pump diden't come on when I checked, today it started right up and I drove it, it was fine until I trun it off now it won't start again

Truckerjers
No check eng light or cods, would a crank shaft sensor make the fuel pump not work and then work?

Truckerjers
When the crank sensors fail it usually only looses spark. You mentioned something about the speedo and tach stopped working?Anything else become inop when it wont start like power door locks keyless entry fuel gauge temp etc?Also who was asking you for more money after you already donated?I would like to know so I can stop them from doing it again.

Sorry about saying that about the money, the web page was saying about donateing when I just did, I didn't I was not reading the web right, this is my first time on 2carpros web page. Back to my 1998 catera, everthing else is ok like fuel gauge and temp, door locks is ok, right now the fule pump will not come on. And some times I take the battery cable off and put it back on, it starts up. My waiting for new fuel relays.I replace the fuel relay with the engne controls power relay k43 and it started up drove it for a 1/2 hour trun if off and tried to start it but it will not startup, now the fuel pump not working again

Truckerjers
So have we actually test the actual fuel pressure when it cranks and wont start?

Yes, line is off and no fuel at all. You can here the fuel pump when it is working or not, I don't have a repair/electrical book
so I can do basic electrical tests on, what wires? Also the fuel pump is about$250.00 if I replace it, it may not work and if the fuel pump is working some times then I thank its ok, must be something eles?

Truckerjers
Is the security light on solid or flashing when it doesnt start?

Security light is flashing, only when I open the door? Is that what you mean? Other than that no light

Truckerjers