SERPENTINE BELT REMOVAL
1998 Buick Park Avenue
Serpentine belt removal from a 1998 Buick Park Avenue and installation of a new belt ... Contains only 1 belt and removed belt with tensioner but literally can't remove the belt from car due to frame??? Please help and/or show me where his belt can be removed from vehicle and new one put back in its place... Thank you so very much
January 6, 2011.
January 6, 2011.
The accessory drive belt drives all engine mounted accessories. All driven accessories are rigidly mounted to the engine. Drive belt tension is maintained by a spring loaded belt tensioner. A belt squeak when the engine is started or stopped is normal and has no effect on belt durability. The drive belt tensioner can control belt tension over a broad range of belt lengths; however, there are limits to the tensioner's ability to compensate. Using the tensioner outside of its operating range can result in poor tension control and/or damage to the tensioner.
Important: Ensure that the wood block extends past the width of the oil pan in order to avoid damage.
1. Use a jack with a block of wood on the jack under the oil pan in order to support the engine.
2. Remove the engine mount to engine mount bracket nuts.
3. Remove the engine mount bracket front upper and lower nuts.
4. Remove the engine mount bracket front upper and lower studs and spacer.
5. Lower the engine as necessary and rotate the tensioner to remove the drive belt.
6. Remove the drive belt.
1. Install the drive belt.
2. Install the engine mount bracket front upper and lower studs and spacers.
Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.
3. Install the engine mount bracket front upper and lower nuts. Tighten the nuts to 78 Nm (58 ft. lbs.).
4. Install the engine mount to engine mount bracket nuts. Tighten the nuts to 87 Nm (64 ft. lbs.).
5. Remove the floor jack.
Jan 6, 2011.
Jan 6, 2011.
1986 Nissan Stanza, California version. The engine wants to die when stopping. I thought that the lock-up switch for the torque converter was not unlocking. I have installed a used ...
2 answers • 1986 Nissan Sunny • 100,000 miles
1999 Hyundai Elantra mileage: 110,000. This car idles fairly well in neutral or park but very rough in reverse and drive. I just replaced the engine with a used engine and it is doing ...
1 answer • 1999 Hyundai Elantra • 110,000 miles
1988 Chevrolet Astro Van mileage: 247,000. It's time to replace the engine in my 1988 Astro. I bought a 4.3 V6 that has come out of a 1991 S-10. When I dismantled it to get it ready to ...
1 answer • 1988 Chevrolet Astro • 247,000 miles
1990 Toyota Camry mileage: 150,000. 1. The oil warning light is on. 2. There are four quarts of oil in the car. 3. The oil filter is dry. 4. The engine sounds rough. 5. There is noise ...
2 answers • 1990 Toyota Camry • 150,000 miles