BUICK CENTURY SPARK PROBLEM

1998 Buick Century • 135,000 miles

Car wont start,

engine will turn over

Have a helper crank it, while you visually check for spark at the spark plugs. If you have spark everywhere, use a gage and check fuel pressure. Are there any applicable trouble codes? To check codes yourself, at the least you need an obd2 code reader.

If you can get the car to fire when starting fluid is sprayed into the air intake, it may be a loose connection that is hidden behind the passenger rear wheel well. I ran a new gas line to that wheel and the car would not start afterward. I happened to see a plug mounted to the inside of the frame on the passenger side that seemed to be out of alignment with the connector. I slid under the car where the muffler is and looked up along the inside of the car body. There was the plug and I just pushed it back into the socket and viola! It started. Hope this helps someone as the connector/plug does not have a retainer clip and is easily jarred out of the connector.
Jackhare

Jackhare