TRACTION CONTROL/TIRE SLIPPING

1998 BMW 323 • 6 cylinder 2WD Manual • 130,000 miles

I have a 1998 bmw 323is, my traction control button dose not work(or I think thats what it is, its right next to the seat warmer on the center console). I press the bottom and there nothing pop up anywhere to show that the button is pressed. Is there a fuse that I need to replace or what because now that its raining I found out that the back tires slip really bad. I checked the tires that are not bold they look good. Any idea what I should replace or do so that it dosent slip?
Mpetruescu

You can check the fuse. But if the traction control was malfunctioning, you'd get a light on the dash.

You may want to check for a bad switch

Ernest Clark
What is printed on the button?

Dr. Hagerty
The button says ASC

Mpetruescu
Have the car scanned with the proprietary BMW scan tool and let me know what the outcome is.

Dr. Hagerty
What do you mean proprietary bmw tool? I got a tool that would check the computer would that help or would I have to go to the dealership?

Mpetruescu
What does your tool tell you?

Dr. Hagerty