HOW DO I WIRE MY VTEC SOLENOID TO THE ECU

1998 Acura CL • 120,000 miles

The car originally had a f23(non-vtec I believe), and it was swapped to a h22a1. And they have the vtec solenoid wired into the wiring harness, but I dont get vtec. Can I get a diagram, for the correct wiring. Ive been told, non-vtec wiring harness's are actually wired for vtec, but the wire is cut off somewhere along it.

can I get answers from, preferably a honda expert please.
thanks.
Acuracl2324

First thing is you need to have the correct PCM. At the PCM check connector B terminal #12 for a Green/Yellow wire. If it is there, the next place to check where it ends would be the main connector in engine compartment.

If the Green/Yellow wire is not present at PCM terminal, that is where you need to start you wire.

Previously the wireharness are rigged for both models and it seems this practice has been stopped some time back so most likely you won't find the wire there.

I checked out the wiring, the grn/ylw wire goes all the way from the vtec solenoid to the ecu. I have an aftermarket chipped p28 VTEC ecu. So im completely lost on why I have no vtec. Are there any other things I would need to check out?

Acuracl2324
Does my speedometer not working at all, have anything to do with it?

Acuracl2324
Did you test the VTEC solenoid to see if it is working? Clogged oil lines and low engine oil can cause that too.

Are you getting any trouble codes?

Speedometer not working can affect performance and gear shifting if it is an automatic transmission.

How are you able to determine that you don't have VTEC?

Wrenchtech
When I plug in a scanner to it, it wont even let me run it to see if it throws codes. But I have no check engine light or anything.
Its not an automatic.
And vtec doesnt engage at all is how I know its not working. Id know if vtec hit, its not quiet.

Acuracl2324
Your previous engine was a VTEC engine as well, just that it is a SOHC with different operating conditions. For the H22A1, VTEC turns on at 5200 rpm and engine noise would sound different with extra pull.

If the scan tool cannot communicate, it can mean something is not wired correctly. If you have battery voltage at terminal # 16 and scan tool does not read, try the manual code retrieval to see if you can get the MIL to flash codes. Bridge terminal # 4 and # 9 and turn ignition switch on to see if it works.

If engine performance is below par, check the exhaust system for clogging.