ACURA CL TIMING BELT PROBLEM

1998 Acura CL • 120,000 miles

I was driving down the road, and I hit a bump. Then heard a noise. It sounded like a pop, or kinda like I snapped a belt. I stopped and tried to restart it, it fired after cranking for about 15secs. Then I revved it and it died. Now it has no spark. I know im gonna replace the timing belt because I think that got messed up. But that wouldnt explain why there is no spark. The grounds are all good. Anyone help me out?
Acuracl2324

Which engine do you have?
If the serpentine belt or timing belt had gone bad, the crank sensor could be affected causing a no spark condition.

It is an h22a1 and I dont know if the timing belt broke for sure or not. But the other serpentine belts didnt I could see that. It started after it died, but when I revved it to like 2500rpms, it died and wouldnt start after that

Acuracl2324
I don't think this is the original engine type for your vehicle and the layout could be different from the standard CL. This is a Prelude engine and components layout could be different from the CL 2.3L.

You would have to start with basics. No spraks can be due to a faulty crank sensor, distributor, ignition coil or a bad timing belt. Ensure the distributor rotor is turning when engine is being cranked.

I know that's not the original motor. It has been professionally swapped to an h22. But I was told that if I. Snapped thetiming belt or fried the distributor it can make my crank sensor go all weird and it will go into a no spark mode. Is this true? At all?

Acuracl2324
Yes, without the timing belt, the distributor would not be turning and you won't get any sparks.

Remove the distributpor cp and crank the engine to see if the rotor turns.