VOLKSWAGEN JETTA SPARK PROBLEM

1997 Volkswagen Jetta • 54,000 miles

1997 VW Jetta Jazz 2.0 runs about 10 mins, stalls won't start until 1 hour later after engine cools down, Replace coil, fuel pump relay. Any suggestions like 02 sensors, fuel pumps usually go bad not over heated correct, would be helpful. Thank you in considering on a possible answer
GodUsEarth

Crankshaft position sensor. When it stalls and does not want to start, do you have Ignition / spark?

Thomas

Exovcds
Its starts for about a min then it stalls out then it won't start until it cools down or about an hour, then it does the 12 minute cycle and repeats the stalling process again

GodUsEarth
Spark or fuel.

Check which is missing and you will find the problem.

- fuel pump relay
- ECM relay
- crank sensor
- ignition coil
- ECM

Thomas

Exovcds
You ask if " when it stalls and does not want to start, do you have Ignition / spark? " And the answer is Yes it does after it stalls and thanks again for responding to my question

GodUsEarth
Then it must be fuel control. Here's a short video of me checking for spark and fuel control.

First you'll see spark at the tip of the test light and then the NOID light will flicker under the hood (good injector control).

That is what you need to check. If the injectors get a signal.

Thomas

Exovcds