I FITTED THE NEW FUEL PUMP AND MY CAR STARTED AGAIN BUT AFTER DRIVING A FEW KILOMETERS I PARKED MY CAR WHEN I WANTED TO DRIVE AGAIN IT WOULDN'T START

1997 Volkswagen Jetta

I jump start my car but reverse the cables so when I try to start the car it wouldn't cause I didn't get fuel at my injectors I check my fuses plug out the wires of the fuel pump to check if there is power on the cables and there was so I fitted a new fuel pump and then the car started again but after a few kilometers I parked the car but when I try to start, it did but just died again so when I checked I couldn't here my fuel pump comes on but there is power on the switch of the pump. When I put the pump direct on the battery it pumps perfectly even if its taken out of the tank still connected to its original wires.

William29

Check and test fuse no.11 and fuel pump relay in the fuse/relay panel if okay check ground circuit brown wire at fuel pump

What engine liter is this?

F/P/EWD