VOLKSWAGEN JETTA ENGINE PROBLEM

1997 Volkswagen Jetta • 200,000 miles

My car wants to die in drive throughs It comes up on the computer as the cam postering senser yet we put a brand new one in n the computer still says it what else could it b to b making the computer think its still that

May be a fault in the wiring from the sensor back to the ECU, check the pins on the CPS and the loom and do a continuity test from the CPS back to the ECU, start here.

Mhpautos
2.0L or VR6?

The cam sensor on the 2.0L is inside the distributor. If you replaced that, then the timing is set incorrectly.

If you replaced it on a VR6, maybe your chain has too much slack and that is why the cam timing is wrong.

Thomas

Exovcds
A slight edit to my first reply... can you explain what you meant by:

"My car wants to die in drive throughs"

If your engine is an ABA or AAA engine, the engine will start & run fine with the camshaft position sensor disconnected... as
this video shows, the ABA engine is running while I disconnect the Hall Sensor Plug on the side of the distributor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-uxkgveK7M&feature=plcp

Explain further for better assistance.

Thomas

Exovcds