TOYOTA RAV4 OIL PAN PROBLEM

1997 Toyota Rav4 • 140,000 miles

I previously asked a question about detecting an oil leak, and I received an answer. I narrowed down the problem: the leak occurs only immediately after or while warming engine. I looked around the valve cover and the timing belt cover, but I didn't see any wetness. I checked behind the oil pan ( Laying down in the front of car), and felt wetness at the seam where the valve cover is bolted to the block. So I suspect that it required a new pan gasket. But I need your professional input. Thank you.
RAV4X4

Valve cover is on the top. Do you mean the oil pan?

Yes, i'm leaning toward oil pan. When I did the previous job where I had to remove the motor mount, I supported the engine with a 2x4 piece of wood an a floor jack under the oil pan ( that's the only place where engine can be supported, unless someone out there knows better!). I don't know if that contributed to the oil leak at warmups ( slight oil leak).

Oil pan

RAV4X4
Correct typo in my original: I meant oil pan bolted to block.

RAV4X4
When you remove the oil pan, use a straight edge to be sure it is not bent

Straight edge. Is that a tool? Or can anything be utilized as a guide?
If found bent, what is the solution?

RAV4X4
Straighten or replace. Use a level if you can

I read in Haynes manual: put the pan on a piece of wood and hammer. What side if the pan should be hammered?
Or can I put a piece of wood on top of edge and hammer?

RAV4X4
That would work. Get it off first

Thank you.
One last question because I want to make sure I have all the parts/gaskets before I start the project.
Is it necessary to unbolt the oil strainer, and hence replace the O-ring? Haynes manual also said to replace the 2 doughnut gaskets fo the front exhaust pipe. What's your take on this project?
Thanks.

RAV4X4
I agree. The o ring, yes. The donuts you can re use