TOYOTA COROLLA ENGINE PROBLEM

1997 Toyota Corolla • 141,600 miles

Why would a toyota corolla take 5-10min to pick compression during morning start?

Please! Explain again-don't quite understand the ( 5-10 to pick compression )

5min to 10minutes for engine warm up. Recently changed the oil & brake pads(minor service). Pls

Jamesjemoo
Check/Test the thermostat could be sticking

A mechanic removed my thermostart claiming that vehicles in East Africa esp Kenya dont need them coz it hot here unlike Europe or anywhere else.

Jamesjemoo
Check and Test the coolant temperature sensor could be throwing you off-could be out of calibration

Must I take it for a diagnost or I can physically check on it? Thanx

Jamesjemoo
Have it diagnosed by a competent technician

Thank you.

Jamesjemoo
Ave opened the hood while engind warming a check engine light came on the darshboard and upon checking the sensor conections, found a disconnected wire on one, next to a horse pipe which comes from the lower part of the radiator to the upper part of the engine. After reconnecting it my car has started well without a misfire, check engine light gone, & moved smoothly. Could that have been the root of da entire problem?

Jamesjemoo
I really dunno unless you give me a picture location-