VIBRATION PROBLEM!

1997 Toyota Corolla • 71,000 miles

First what I have done, new plugs, plug wires, rotor, and cap, air filter, I did set gap on the plugs. Inspec for any vac leak. Can't find one. Hadmotor mounts checked.

Vibration is mostly in steeringwheel when cold or when I come to a stop, the idle seems to change like it is suppose when I come to a stop. Kick down a little. It doesn't have a rough idle or miss, I can here lifters tapping but not excessive. It is the worst when put in gear when cold.
Michael3

Scan for codes and check fuel pressure first check allmounts including transmission

Mounts are tight and seem in good condition

Michael3
It could be an engine problem as well try removing alternator belt and see if it stops to eliminate accessory drive things.

I am unable to check codes. Without spending money. And I feel that this is a simple fix. Or should be. I stared pulling vac hose's off one at a time and listen for change in motor didn't make a change. But when I did it to the vac regulator did't make a difference at first. But seems to have helped a little. Odd to me that I can ake hose's off and not change idle?

Michael3
Hmac looked like you made a response, but it didn't go though

Michael3
It should be there, you can get it scanned for codes at auto parts.

Thank you will do soon as possible

Michael3
No codes, going to replace fuel filter and then Im back to? It is better sence I messed with vac hoses. May have had a parcal blockage. But no code so I don't no
I am also chasing down a noise in the front end. Makes like a rubbing noise. It makes it faster as I go faster. Not brakes they seem fine and no pulsating when applied. Wheel bearing?Axle?

Michael3
You seem to be on the right path

Thank you for the help! Replaced fuel filter vac hose's. Keeping in mind it's a 1997 so I think it's as good as it get
I'll be back to let people know what the rubbing sound was

Michael3