MY CAR ONLY CLICKS WHEN I TURN THE KEY1 THE STARTER AND BATTERY CHECKED GOOD BY NAPA & WAL-MART. WOULD YOU JUST REPLACE BOTH BATTERY CABLES, NEXT?

1997 Suzuki Esteem • 160,000 miles

My suzuki esteem only "clicks" and DOES NOT crank when I hit the key. The battery and starter checked out fine. Would the most logical NEXT step be to replace BOTH battery cables? What gives? Please help I must have this car fixed by Monday-Labor day.
Joespop1

If the battery and starter are good, first check the battery cables for corrosion and make sure they are tight, including the ground on the engine block. Also, make sure the main lead to the starter is tight and clean. Also, check the starter relay if everything looks good.

What is it an manual or automatic transmission? Next time complete your vehicle description accordingly that way you get an answer real quickie-